Sunday, December 17

The View

Despite having ridden just over thirty-eight miles through some of Staten Island’s hills this morning (along with Ed Dalton, Anne, and Backbreaker Brent (who supposedly does get tired while riding, although that’s self-reported information so it’s kind of hard to believe)), I figured I’d do a bit more riding this evening. After lounging across the sofa for almost two hours munching on tortilla chips and salsa while watching The Bourne Supremacy for the second time in the past several months, I happened to glance over at my bike standing all by its lonesome in the front hall. Once the movie ended, I wiped the salt from my fingers, drained my cup of ice water, strapped on a pair of latex gloves, swapped the clipless pedals for a pair of regular, old-school flat pedals, tied down the cuffs of my jeans, and hit the road. Two minutes and fifty-eight seconds after stepping out my front door, I reached the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge.

Nice night for a spin. Mild weather, meaning no need for a hat or gloves, even on top of the bridge. Having to duck past only a handful of brainless tourists with their backs turned to oncoming bicycle traffic (in the bicycle lane), I stopped here and there along the way to pull out my camera and click off a few snapshots. Below are a few of the results that I’ve toyed with a bit via Photoshop, although I only did so with the purest of artistic intentions in mind.






No comments: