Tuesday, May 15

Sheer Entertainment

It's been a while since my last update and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or if it's a bad thing. Granted, a lot has happened not just in life in general (because when you really think about it, one week--seven days--is a hell of a long time), but in the cycling world as well.

Like what? Good question. For starters, Petacchi won a stage in the Giro yesterday which, to me, is big news. While I don't know Petacchi from a hole in the wall, my understanding is that he broke his kneecap last year and hasn't really been himself since then, meaning his top-end speed just hasn't been what it was. Yet whenever I read an article about Petacchi, I somehow feel bad for the guy. Can you imagine you're on top of your game, you're kicking ass, and then a crash comes close to ruining your career? THAT would suck the big donkey.

So he won yesterday. That happened, and McEwen won the day before. Again, I've never met the guy, never spoke to him, yet I somehow like it when he wins a stage by sprinting his ass off. I also enjoy watching his interviews since I can understand everything he's saying. Plus, the guy genuinely seems to enjoy winning.

Maybe I just want to train myself into a sprinter. I've said it before, but there's something about grabbing the drops, standing up, putting your head down, and completely unloading on the pedals.

Aside from all that, a bunch of us went out for the Cheesequake ride on Sunday morning--the bunch made up of Ed, Dr. Rob, his boy Greg, Trek Tommy, the Polish brothers Lester & Robert, and . . . I think that was it. No! Big Joe was there pounding away as usual. Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures, so not much to report other than the usual bickering among the boys.

Shifting gears for a minute, I came across some entertaining videos on Youtube.com. Check out the links below:

Adult Swim: Star Wars

The Matrix Clip

Family Guy Contest

And that's all I got right now.

No comments: