Tuesday, November 7

Number Three

You’re not going to believe this, but I hit a pigeon this morning while riding in Prospect Park. Honestly, I don’t know what it is with me and the animals, but I can’t seem to make it a few days without colliding with some sort of wildlife (if you can even call rats, squirrels, and pigeons wildlife).

Coming around the bend where the park drive narrows to a single lane, a pigeon situated on the side of the road decided it would be a good time to take to the air. Flapping it’s gray wings, it darted in a forty-five degree flight path straight in front of me. Pressing my chin to my chest to protect my face, the top of my helmet crashed against the stupid bird, knocking it a few feet forward until it regained its composure and kept flying.

Seriously, I just don’t get it.

No comments: