Friday, June 22

We Meet Again

I've been putting off my third field test for a few weeks now mostly due to a lack of flat roads in my neighborhood, but now it's time, so tomorrow morning I'm taking the drive up to New Paltz. Not that New Paltz is known for flat roads, but I figured I could bang out a pair of field tests (3-mile all-out time trials) and then do some climbing up the road to Lake Minnewaska.

Ever been? A few weeks after I started riding I drove up there to do some hill climbing. Once I made the right turn off 299 that leads up to the park, the climb just gets worse and worse, or at least it felt that way at the time. On the way up, I had to stop three times to catch my breath and since it's been my only trip there to date, I have no idea what to expect tomorrow, but in my head, the more climbing, the better.

Right?

No comments: