Saturday, July 4

How Very Trusting

So I'm right now in St. George, Utah staying at the Ambassador Inn for the evening before the bike tour begins tomorrow morning. The book I brought with me is turning out to be quite dull, so I found the nearest Barnes & Noble in the phonebook and figured I'd grab a taxi rather than burn myself to death by trying to walk the few miles from the inn.

On a whim, when the young lady behind the front desk picked up the phone to call a taxi, on I blurted out, "Or you could simply lend me your car."

Can you believe she did? Does that not sound like something straight out of On The Road by Kerouac? After writing down the directions, she handed me the keys to her Honda Civic. Make a short story long, I got a book for the rest of the trip and she got a full tank of gas.

Sweet.

No comments: