Monday, October 6

Schumacher Tests Positive for CERA

You can read all about it here.

Did I or did I not call this in one of my previous posts? Did I not write these very words:

The Tour started last Saturday, there’s apparently no clear leader just yet (unless you consider Kim Kirchen a contender for the overall which would be something of a mistake), and somehow, Stefan Schumacher won the first individual time trial.

Where the hell did that come from? What in the world did Schumacher snort or inject to pull a performance like that out of his ass? What was also interesting is that Phil Liggett made a post-race note that Johan Bruyneel had tipped his hat to Schumacher to win the first time trial and what that tells me is that Bruyneel probably sold Schumacher whatever it was that he either injected or snorted to go as fast as he did.

But hey, maybe I’m just being a cynic. But I don’t think so. Schumacher beat Cancellara? I’d tip my hat to drugs. Lots of drugs.


Based on today's update on Schumacher in Velonews.com and considering Johan Bruyneel had predicted Schumacher would do well, perhaps Bruyneel has a side gig going on selling CERA. Wouldn't that be interesting.

No comments: