Tuesday, July 18

And Then Came the Heat

It’s hot. Actually, it’s extremely hot. It’s that hot out there in the streets. Of course, it’s cool in my office, but that’s not the point. I can’t ride my lovely bike in the office. More importantly, I can’t even get Mr. Picco to ride in the evenings when it’s cooler (yet still hot) considering he works outdoors in this godforsaken heat all day.

With the heat comes the question, “Will I ride in this heat?” Personally, I’ve been in the air conditioning all day, so I feel I sort of have to go out and ride in the heat, go out and sweat, make the legs do some work. Again, the heat won’t magically disappear around 7 PM when I reach the park, although it should be considerably less extreme than trying to ride at 2 PM when the heat reaches its worse point during the day.

I’ll ride. It can’t be that bad. Well, it can get bad, but you do what you have to do, right?

No comments: